“In 2018, no issue is more important than user privacy
–or the lack of it.
In other words, we live in a commercial surveillance state”. Fast Company, 13.9.2018
We, SmartPaper.fi spread THE aim of IoT: Privacy.
DUALbooks push the Envelope: “THE Safe Internet” .
And you - user, push its “button”: MyData.
- Book-as-Red Envelope (Chinese gift giving habit. But we do it GDPR-conform) =
= massive spreading digitalisation in societies, by combination of mobile & tradition
- THE Envelope-as-IHAN-carrier (Human Data Exchange Standard: SITRA, Finland)
(e.g.: safe e-elections tool: Double Envelope; #DUALbooks’ tool: OWNed envelope)
- Book cover’s OWN sticker-as-Interface, on-demand
- DUAL Things-for-Human senses: @ + tactile&image
- SMART codes-for Human senses: readable, fun/game
- EdgeAI: we keep MyData safe / at book’s cover.
Control is more than ownership: OWN sticker > than code.
Keeping-IT-simple: show OWN code (for access, quick payment, secure interaction).
Let me see
Who likes coffee,
And who likes tea!"
(Gamified low latency & low energy ledger in high-uncertainty)
Safe digital services should be enabled by state regulations & users habits/benefits, as safe sex or safe driving:
- at first: activate the precautions against harm - like safety belt in car and anti-virus-sex pills (preservatives are another form of physical barrier)
- and only then start the endeavor.
Our - SmartPaper.fi - (offline - thus non-hackable) safety barrier is physical: #DUALbook's sticker as interface&filter for abuse-free internet access & interaction.
For safe & data-abuse-free MyData internet access one can use e.g. VPN and the F-Secure solution SENSE, as well as hundreds of other secure (?) & cool :-) methods and tools.
Diversity of offerings and data breaches/misuse scandals confuse a non-techie user: how to choose the best for him & easy-to-use solution, for all possible scenarios - mobile gadgets, public desktops, Wi-Fi...
We leverage traditional & emotional behaviors - like in China mobile messengers boosted (to 100+ times more than in US+EU) usage of mobile payments by digitizing hundreds-years-old cash gifts in RED ENVELOPES.
But - contrary to China - we enable mass distribution of behavioral tool for GAFAs-(& Big Brother-)free interactions: based at keeping interaction data at consumer's private cloud / EdgeAI, tokenizing user data, Decentralized IDs.
Our behavioral tool works in2gestures, looks like 'crossing-oneself' / blessing the other, i.e. "to make the sign of the cross in front of something as a sign of Christian reverence or to invoke divine protection". But we propose 'divine-crossing' of a book's cover: opening book's SMART sticker to a web-camera/gadget; in future: via Li-Fi,
- thus invoking 'divine' protection before switching-on own or a public gadget.
The vertical top-down gesture (of a 'blessing' cross) opens a SMART envelope (i.e. - book's SMART dust jacket) - by pulling its integrated silk thread, that tears-off the perforation of the longer side of envelope (at initial access to the SMART book). And then the horizontal gesture positions book's dust jacket (SMART detachable sticker) so, that its SMART 2D-code (UpCode) is exposed to line of sight of a web camera/gadget.
Also SMART PAPER books dust jackets replace PLASTIC lamination of books by libraries, saving our oceans from micro-plastic eaten by fish/people.
Unique is the ability of UpCode system to update algorithms of digital/mobile interactions - based at (book's / library registered) user's EdgeAI (cloud) profile and context (of a book & of environment, where the initial transaction takes place). So, user's gadgets start working according to CONTROLLED by USER (MyData) algorithms (via UpCode remote servers or offline). Thus avoiding surveillance, hacking, GAFAs data abuse: seamlessly.
Our solution lies in mass distribution of this seamless 'crossing-oneself' behavior - via public library books and also via SMART 2D-codes of mass paper messages (B2C & G2C letters in SMART envelopes, mass products' packaging): benefits-born habits.
This distribution leverages ubiquity of paper books (& saving costs of books - by SMARTPAPER distribution) and updating by SMART PAPER encoding of existing proprietary 2D-codes (Data Matrix) systems of official documents and mass products.
E.g. Finland: 600 mln. p.A. B2C & G2C letters; several billions 2d-coded mass products packages; from 2019 all EU pharma packages are obligatory 2D-coded.
Extracts from case study #DUALbooks of SmartPaper.fi. Part II: Social Innovation.
See below (02/06/2018) Part I (Digital Technology for Social Innovation) of the Case Study #DUALbooks.
Part II. Social Innovation.
Social Innovation of #DUALbooks: life improvement by engagement to deep reading, self-aiming attention to learning; from top-down-manipulated to bottom-up-created, healthy life contexts. Have fun!
Beneficiaries of paradigm shift from ‘abusing attention’/from ‘paper vs. e-media’ - to #DUALbook: publishers, drifting from GAFA-dominated online ads - to Edge AI / user-created contents of DLA.
Diffusion actors: libraries, research org's.
Part III. Sustainability. Sustainability assessment tool: CASI-F.
Thesis in full is under development.
Extracts from case study #DUALbooks of SmartPaper.fi. Part I: Technology.
Technology visionaries, such as Elon Musk from Tesla Motors, Bill Gates from Microsoft and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, are warning that super-intelligence is a serious danger for humanity, possibly even more dangerous than nuclear weapons. Me too, as Open Knowledge FIN, MyData activist.
#DUALbooks develop a model, similar to “New Internet”, to expand interactions’ infrastructure: from ubiquity and haptic comfort of paper books - by adding digital access from user-owned (IoT-like) SMART 2D-codes at #DUALbooks. Thank seamlessly 2D-encoded decentralized IDentities of the book’s patron (of public library user), i.e. via world-approved UpCode™ technology: MyData benefits are granted to user/ added to code’s primary feature - via link from user-owned 2D-code. E.g.: for e-book's Vital Accessibility; Platforms obey society, cut-off user-hated web ads.
The technology of #DUALbooks is compilation of best practice & cutting-edge tech, EU-approved:
- Books on-demand printing: e.g. at Rotomail, Milan since 2010, in Finland since 2017
- Digital printing & book production at ‘last mile’/near user: ‘Espresso Book Machine’
- Books flexible covers production: light & robust double-layered-paper for dust jackets
- SMART envelopes: opened by pulling thread straps, integrated into envelope form
- 2D-coding of printed pages, for (1) machine-readable tasks (also QR instead of DM) and (2) naked-eye / visuals
- Including VoicEye (2D-codes) for audio-books, making up-to A3 size printed pages speak
- UpCode™ Tags Management, MobileAccess&Interaction™, also as part of TagItSmart!
- Pressure Seal technology of SMARTpaper.fi™ forms, by supplier to 3M of Post-It notes
- MyData paradigm for user-centricity of personal data usage: controlled by data subject
- Copyright‘s own-use-copy exemption & Marrakesh Treaty for Visually Impaired Persons
- Digitizing technologies, CC licensing / Open Access best practices, like ‘Tent scanning’
- Open Knowledge Int’l & Open Knowledge Finland expertise for people-centric data usage
#DUALbooks facilitate new business model, STOLIC-LUX: POS/library-agnostic books consumption
- enriching UX of book readers: paper books deliver audio, video, Augmented & own Media, digital learning actions / DLA
- raising accessibility and availability of book: like Google Books, but open ideology /OAccess
See also: Li-Fi, Sense, videos (in Finnish) in #DUALbooks-as-a-Service presentation; Innovations Diffusion; #DUALbooks acronym:
Digitizing for Universal Accessibility of Learning’s best practices (e.g. Funzi)
= producing incentives to abuse human rights
Paul-Olivier Dehaye tells about Facebook opinion on exemption from GDPR,
Helsinki, OKFI MyData workshop 'GDPR for citizen', 26.05.2018,
Why could this innovation start delivering benefits?
1. Because it reflects systematic design of successfully built solutions
2. Because it disseminates several success stories' solutions
3. Because it's based at more than 10 Personas
' paying needs
4. Because it is multi-services
5. Because it's counter-logical, that 3D-printing principles are not for books content yet:
- printing on-demand, i.e. in one copy - for own use, is EU human right /Copyright
- decentralized production at the 'last mile
- every book exists as digital file, royalties to copyright owners are paid in1click
Why Smart books / OE!books?
Watch 10 seconds answer
"for your convenience"
- to incentivise book readers into SMART behavior: 1click INTERACTIVE access to services = taylor-cut benefits
- leveraging MyData & Open data: own choices in hyper-connected world
- own personality development / mobile learning from DIGITALLY enhanced paper
- making own voice heard by businesses and authorities
- to make volunteering and NGO's societal activities - more attractive and influential
- beneficial both for consumers and for organisations
What is #DUALbook / OE!book?
At 'last mile': near consumer's chosen place.
Via paper book's SMART sticker.
How OE!Things work?
- you click at SMART code
- the OE!Thing shows YOUR unique options at screen of your gadget
Example: #DUALbook / OE!book.
- choose Option
Reserve this book "as my OWN book
- no publisher or authority can prevent you from sharing
the book PHYSICALLY, as YOUR copy.
- and will deliver it to the person whom you share YOUR book
- or recycle your book if you just wish to part from it: "tired of old books
collecting dust at home?"
#DUALbook / OE!book is
(Finnish law allows up to 4 copies, for your family members)
- we implement the new model of consuming books: STOre+LIbrary+CLub+new eXperiences=STOLIC-LUX
While you are in EU
- No ads. No hidden hooks.
- we print (also invisibly)
YOUR Service Access Points
in TOpRIght corner/TORI of #DUALbooks,
for secure 1click-access to services
How to measure the practical impact for a B2C service provider
- of making user's feedback from a service, that is 'more user-centric': omni-channel
- maybe by evaluating in € the demand for omnichannel, of a concrete citizen?
granted by this new EU personal data regulation. Starting soon: on 25.5.2018.
Practical example below & in last paragraph of this blog dd. 03/05/2018: 'S-group data via consumer-centric omnichannel'.
- at first: from TOpRIght corner of SMARTbooks' sticker
- and then: after replacing a sticker - from any new place of consumer's comfort (like at photo above), for future usage,
- enriching thus consumer behaviour: by optically (via optical, printed 2D-codes & gadget or Li-Fi
) interacting with digital world:
- consumer may
radically securely & simply (slide 6
switch on&off, while retaining own control of access data (MyData paradigm
- e.g. send & receive messages 'in2clicks', that could reduce services ads costs
, in average by 100 € per year per person*:
- punishing so the 'over-costly' (vs via SmartPaper.fi
enabled omnichannel) services, using this consumer's personal data:
- e.g. max. 3 €/year/service, if a certain consumer 'consumes' over-priced by 150€/year ads of 50 such services'
This formal 'nightmare' message to YOUR personal data processor
- and approx. 100 € per year per person*
- giving practical leverage of user's 'personal data processing consent/PDPC' bargaining opportunity per GDPR,
by neglecting his/her SAR (Subject Access Request) or any other GDPR-conform inquiries to his/her personal data processors?
Vs obtaining consumer's PDPC for e.g. 3,5 €**?
Media ads budgets shares, Finland, 2016: ads in newspapers (Lehdet, see at right hemisphere at photo)
take 40% (470 M € / Posti=277 M €) of 1,17 Billion €. Facebook & other net ads = 28%
This GDPR-related omnichannel example helps to calculate individual's power to changes/ to improving his/her life quality;
to improve bottom line profiles (net incomes, customer satisfaction, lifes quality etc.)
uniquely tailor-cut to consumer habits and interests,
that helps book readers
so that user's omni-channels to services
and on provider's benefits from processing of a certain user's personal data ,
- and this benefits' costs is possible to calculate from statistical data in any country,
to be substituted by e-media (like Suomi.fi
for public services; like bitkasten
in Germany for Hybrid Mail)
- in exchange for granting the PDPC by consumer - to service provider
- so that service provider (thanks to 100€
-remuneration for PDPC) improves communication/feedback channel, with measurable impact.
, the Finland biggest supermarkets chain. EVALUATION.
Cost for S-group = 5 SAR letters' postage costs/year (0,65€ Posti tariff
) = max. 3,25 € + 'over-costliness penalty' (x 2) = 6,5 €
(includes costs of 4 SAR plus 1 answer / letters, if sent via S-bank branch in paper form).
Cost of 'solution' for SmartPaper.fi = 3 €**; SmartPaper.fi income = 0,25€/consumer/year.
** 2€ fixed costs plus 1€ processing costs/per customer's MyData ID/per year.
N.B. to blog dd. 29/04/2018:
- communication channels are built FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS, NOT FOR CONSUMER:
- there is NO secure FOR CONSUMER e-way of messaging between a person and service
- that's why the below blog offers human-centricity disruption of C2B, C2G messaging
- and STEP 4 should be prescribed for B2C & G2C answers to SAR: data via UpCode MAI
due to evenly distribution of UpCode via Œ!books.
The devil is in the detail: bias of top-down built services produces wrong info-logistics
confirmed, that "to make citizens more aware of their digital rights, initially focusing on explaining GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and MyData
- is not a trivial task, and education
is not enough: we must find practical tools
for citizens to enjoy these rights (photo
Challenge: how to make the 'digital rights' tools ubiquitous and easily accessible, simple/intuitive: for consumer enrichment, not for service providers' only?
How can a citizen practically require and securely obtain the GDPR-guaranteed info/services/rights, like e.g. 'right-to-be-forgotten' - in1click?
is a shortened description of solution
#DUALbooks-as-a-Service for consumer-centric interaction with services, leveraging GDPR.
This article is a draft for the Finnish magazine Tietoasiantuntija;
draft for author's future master thesis "Disruptive business models for social innovations".
Author is a Finnish entrepreneur,
since 2001 integrating info-logistics solutions,
implementing EU technologies
for production of mass printed products with personal data processing.
Main suppliers / partners/ EU markets solutions providers: 3M, Hunkeler AG, Welltec, UpCode
For Ukrainian, Estonian (Russian language) readers:
Russian language (Ukraine) articles: 2015, 2014
Scanning ID's code (photo below/video) to access a service, that demands strong electronic identification.
See my pitch
(at video from 1:13:30 to 1:20)
Why? How? SmartPaper.fi
(see also presentation of Business Model prototype below, dd. 02/02/2018)
A story about Story-telling.
And the lessons I learned.
Yesterday I told the story-of-my-idea to a person, who connects businesses
- to scale to Korean market of high-tech, like to top management of LG & Samsung.
I did it, during 32 min, including some Q&A. Then I told: thank you, this was my story.
Lesson #1. You need some luck - and luck comes if you've worked for it (during last 5 years, actually).
But the Korean lady told:
- our next meeting is cancelled, so we may have some more time for your story. If you wish.
- Please tell me WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SELL? (!!!)
This question showed to me that my story-telling was a disaster :-(
Lesson #2. Don't be sure that you are understood, before you arouse sincere interest to your story.
I answered: I can't yet sell anything to LG or Samsung, I just wish you to deliver them my free advice
And then - I will be able not to SELL to them, but to BUY from them:
- smartphones, which would understand me / tokenized (anonymous) MyData
, which would bring me PERSONAL benefits from every interaction with the world around me.
And then maybe YOU'd help them (LG, Samsung) to sell hundreds of millions of BETTER
Lesson #3. Don't try to sell - try to engage him/her in your story: show your values. Could there be commons?
- It's interesting, the nice Korean lady told.
And I received 1,5 hours more, for BETTER explanation of my business idea...
And the nice Finnish lady (technology expert, also participant of this meeting in #IHF
) helped us to taste local 'food-of-the-day': Runeberg's cakes
:-) and coffee
: it added informality charm to our discussion of technology influence to consumer behaviour.
- Because I wish to enhance behaviour by my technology...
After telling this story to the highly professional Korean expert yesterday,
- today I have read some comment in Facebook of my colleague
to a story
about tourist's pattern behaviour: putting photos of same panoramas to Instagram.
And her remark inspired me to comment
my idea in its future, that I didn't dare to tell to the Korean expert:
- that CREATING THE 'pattern behaviour' for smartphone users' when they explore OWN world around
- has value 10 M € - as an idea only,
- and growing to 100 M €, if we manage to develop our SmartUp idea of #DUALbooks
Lesson #4: re-iterate your business idea, discuss it again and again with experts & prospects/users,
pivot it & re-DESIGN: then prototype the BEST solution.
And then - discuss & test it with your prospective collaboration partners. And pivot again :-)
And now my question: should I propose this evaluation of my idea (10 M €) for Korean 'big shots' at this rare chance of 'pitch
Spoiler: 'ideas cost nothing - but implementation'.
This blog is designed as a tool for my 'discussion-with-myself' of my business ideas,
For comments and discussion: please use our CONTACTS
You may say - I'm a dreamer; what's your idea about? :-)
Imagine: no possessions,
I wonder if you can;
No need for greed or hunger -
A brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people
sharing all the world...
You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us -
And the world will live as one.
Learning SmartUp methodology (Stanford) at Master Programme in Entrepreneurship:
What would you comment on my business idea
: home deliveries of library bestsellers by cyclists,
- to cut long queues
- to save 1/4 of library manual costs = e.g. n.250 K EUR p.A. in Vantaa libraries?
- for others = 3+1 EUR
- it would be quicker (one day) and cheaper: to receive such social-shared
books (4 EUR)
AIR-delivered - in AIRports, via AIR PUB℠: your Personal, Universally accessible Book's club partner.
- for PERSONAL USE ONLY, near the departure gate, hard copy & ebook;
Monetization ~2 EUR: paid access to hard copy=100% content, via user smartphone/ free app UpCode
- to enhance the original author's content by UNIQUE reader's content = Œ
based at THE reader's preferences, history, his/her social media photos/videos and stories etc.
- to exchange the original books into ACCESSIBLE formats for VIP (Visually Impaired Persons),
(c) SMART PAPER, 2017
My FB-comment (in Russian, see also below* in English) to Ukrainian reader's post, to solve some issues of e-books (and of paper books):
"А как вам вот такое решение проблем и электронной и бумажной книги: DUAL Book = два-изделия-в-одном?
удобен для распространения на POS: туристических, в самолётах, аэропортах, даёт быстрый э-доступ и к POS-материалам. Что снижает цену "оригинальной книги":
- её доставка на дом в 5 раз дешевле, чем при заказе через Amazon, пример: "Рейс" С.Лойко
может быть доставлен до дома в Финляндии (и в Украине - если будет интерес) за 1,5 евро (доставка с Амазона = 8 $
Одновременно книга содержит личный код читателя к электронному содержанию книги,
*"This solves some issues of e-books and of paper books: DUAL Book = 'two-products-in-one'.
Paper-based 'flip-book', 7 sheets A4 for minimal postage costs (Finland: up to 50 gr.) may be delivered to home for free, includes several chapters of the book 'to hook interest of reader' - and enables to order to home the 'original' book 'in1click' at flip-book's code.
On-demand printing reduces costs for author/publisher AND for readers: e.g. home delivery in Finland of the DUAL Book-bestseller "Flight", S. Loiko (448 pages, soft cover) = 1,5 EUR, vs Amazon's 8 $.
SMART PAPER form-factor enables pre-sale at POS: at tourist places, in-flight, in aeroports etc.
(c) SMART PAPER, 2017
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Lao Tzu
SMART PAPER helps people to make this first step with fun:
from comfort of paper - into hyperconnected world,
from habits of reading letters and books - into digital behaviour.
(c) SMART PAPER, 2017
Smart Paper DUAL book idea:
(c) SMART PAPER, 2017
2.82 billion invoices are issued per year by businesses to businesses; 29 billion
Despite the simplification of electronic invoicing the competent ministry expects that a relevant number of businesses will not use e-invoicing for different reasons (e.g. internal processes).
It estimates that about 8 billion invoices (25%) will be issued and kept in paper form also in the future.
4.137 billion €/24 B invoices.
*Paper invoices and electronic invoices should be treated equally and the administrative burden on paper invoicing should not increase: page 2, par. (8)
Legal assessment of the public (and hence private businesses') need in SMART PAPER
Legal assessment of the public (and hence private businesses') duty,
as THE source of need in SMART PAPER in EU:
- duty of state:
equality in transactions / interaction between public (and private) service providers vs citizen /
= duty to provide access to service information in consumer-centric form, at reasonable cost,
- deteriorating quality of MANDATORY e-SINGLE service / service info = facts show deprived access,
due to one-sided / provider-centric decision as 'Nordic model' of access LEGISLATURE =
via centralized website only (e.g. eSuomi.fi
SP offers letter delivery 5 or 6 days/week, at decreased costs, same- or next-day; digital & paper = DUAL**.
Right of choice of form / right to seamless access to both forms (digital & paper), IS provided to citizen by LAW
SMART PAPER wishes to offer service based at public duty, not at narrow-sighted burocrats'
presumption 'ditalization means paper-less' (contrary to real facts: Xerox
And costs of SMART PAPER service (decentralized printing of G2C, B2C letters) = 0,4 EUR
"Paper invoices and electronic invoices should be treated equally and the administrative burden on paper invoicing should not increase".
"The use of an electronic invoice shall be subject to acceptance by the recipient"
** see both pictures below, my blog
3) low usage
of centralized PUBLIC access in Germany during 7 years,
vs 'Nordic'/SMALL lands, illusion of MASS usage of MANDATORY single=digital-only access.
(c) SMART PAPER, 2017
what3words, a Unique Identifier Code
By combining what3words with Ethereum KYC (blockchain approach: sending mail with a Unique Identifier Code to a physical address of a country inhabitant /a tourist, IDP, disabled person),
SMART PAPER stickers inside mass B2C letters provide new paradigm of access to digital services: anonymous, MiData and conform to eIDAS & PSD2, using best EU practices. E.g. conform to eSuomi.fi for access to public services, to SuisseID (eCH IAM) for uniform identity access to public and private services.
Because SMART PAPER makes messages (electronic mail, paper letters) non-hackable, thanks to our 'dual documents' non-postal delivery platform. It combines email with 'back-up' offline message with mobile-ID sticker: you make transactions (access to e-services, mobile payments PSD2 conform) 'in1gesture' - by showing your 2D-coded sticker /or your smartphone screen - to any internet connected camera - in any country.
Even if no mobile connection and no internet available; use what3words as your ID or as password and use UpCode to access electronic services, also offline.
Via hundreds of millions utility bills and mass B2C letters (SMART PAPER), billions of mass products' sensor stickers (TagItSmart), in Finland from 2017. Then in EU, India (as supplement to Aadhaar) ...
(c) SMART PAPER, 2017
How to access digital services anonymously
How to access digital services personally but anonymously: use SMART PAPER! (Concept below).
You wish to watch premiere of the film but you've got flu and must stay at home?
- rent a VR set from local library (Espoo, Finland: Iso Omenan...)
- or go to library and watch there any film at rented PC with a screen filter, protecting from watching
content by visual hacker.
How to obtain permission to watch with respect to IPR of the film (make affordable payment), to print out a rare e-textbook to read inside library?
- order your personal SMART PAPER access code from our website - it arrives in seconds to your e-mail
- change password (see previous blog above) before first use, you may also use VPN to avoid cookies
- to be sure that no virus/malicious software comes from MitM attack - wait for hard copy confirmation,
it is obtainable from your nearest SMART POS, also at your next home utility bill
- newest technology of printing at your wrist allows to carry unhackable own SMART code - SMART PAPER STICKER - from your utility bill or from nearest SMART POS
- even in 'Naked approach' IoT environments.
(c) SMART PAPER, 2016
SMART PAPER at Slideshare
1. Slideshare, pitch at SLUSH.
I am Vladimir Kuparinen, СEO of start-up SMART PAPER, Espoo, Finland.
We softly-push people from paper documents to digital/omni-channel,
we offer B2B service ‘production + distribution of consumer-centric B2C, G2C SMART documents’:
- it’s paper AND digital = not EITHER paper OR DIGITAL
- brings engagement to digitalization: fun, benefits, saves messaging costs & adds VAS. For ‘housewives’. Trial country: Finland (pre-trial Russia done in 2007-2012), target: EU.
It’s so called Hybrid Letters/HL = ’two-products-in-one’: less costly and more ‘green’ than ‘singular’ messages. Scientists proved that delivery of ‘purely digital’ electronic bill is more harmful to nature & COSTS to society = of 15 paper invoices. eIDAS-2015: HL, paper will make 50% of messaging (rest is e-letters), see graph below left
2. At ULTRAHACK we discussed a collaboration model with Suomi.fi Service Views: its ‘one stop shop’ to public services model, if applied to telecoms’ bills (opt-in HL) = - 24M...120M € B/C costs p.A.;
- and telecoms could benefit from HL ‘Uberized’ delivery #sharedeconomy = up-sell traffic to locals:
‘Uber’-delivery by local people = 20 cents eco-cashback, paid in form of DOUBLED air-time/DCB
- HL cut 10% of all costs of messages in society (produced by telecoms: e-billing report-2016 Bilentis)
We offer to enhance B2C, G2C INTERaction, in addition to Finnish gov’t plan/ centralized Suomi.fi Views to services: its OBLIGATION model is used by max. 80% of citizen for G2C (in EU: from less 10%: Germany De-Mail/E-Postbrief, Finnish NetPosti; to Denmark eBoks/eDem), much less attractive for B2C postal letters (a number of quality failures arose on the mail side).
3. SMART PAPER docs are one-sheet mailers printed at ‘last mile’.
Investment/leasing costs for HL technology/ SMART, DECENTRALIZED printing for whole Finland:
- 2 M € (150 SMART printers); trial for market’s 10%: SMART printers in 15 public libraries, Espoo http://smartpaper.fi/en/misc/projects/library-rfid-project_owning-data_private-state-collaboration/
4. HL are approved as best postal innovation-2016 in Germany (DRUPA award: bit-kasten GmbH)
- used since 2012 by Swiss Post, success stories in UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden: https://www.compart.com/en/customer-stories
5. SMART PAPER exchanges envelopes by mailer forms that allow to print letters decentralized, LOCALLY = without ca. 100 km each letter travelling to&from postal sorting; it saves 20…80% of postage costs (150 M € p. A., we already achieved: Rus. Post had to cut 80% of tariffs there for 1 B mailer letters/bills)
- one-sheet mailers instead of envelopes: used in all developed countries, except of Finland.
6. No spam: paper /physical carrier’s auth. factor UpCode at HL prevents MitM attacks: less costs, more security of important digital messages, blocking viruses / spam e-mails, non-authorized paper ads.
7. And the ‘third-product-in-one’: Magic Sticker (integrated in SMART PAPER forms):
- for cost-effective ‘Naked Approach’ © to IoT, quick & more secure mobile payments (DCB builds secure, anonymous ID); third parties digital services cross-sell (UpCode Mobile Access & Interaction™)
-‘uberization’ of letters delivery, by local people instead of postmen: see at SMART PAPER website http://smartpaper.fi/en/misc/projects/smart-postal-platform-end-user-centric/
(c) SMART PAPER, 2016
We at SmartPaper.fi suggest more secure (via additional/ PHYSICAL/SmartPaper authentication factor) DUAL documents, that combine paper&digital (competition / or addition to Finnish state services NetPosti, beta.suomi.fi)
- in order to softly-push consumers to digital communication/mobile interaction
- to ‘turn communication from head to feet’: from business-centric to customer-centric.
It might leverage #sharedeconomy (‘piggybaggy’ /Uberized delivery of B2C letters by locals) and #circulareconomy (3D-printed from paper home appliances - for ‘bonus points’ when SMART/mobile shredding of docs), MyData, Real Time Economy etc.: to name a few pro’s of SmartPaper dual (Œ) documents.
Quick and the resource-effective way to acquire millions of households to electronic interaction via mobile gadgets / then Naked Approach – could be:
- some PPP would start to order bills from telecoms in e-form (encrypted pdf to what3words e-mail address’, with UpCode for 100% track&trace - in place of postal 2D-code, with Compart.com - see Swiss Post / DB dual docs), and then deliver these bills to ‘paper-adherent’ customers by Hybrid Mail (Hybrid Letters are printed near receiver vs ‘centralized printing’ by Posti/PostNord).
- It means that customers would receive ‘two-products-in-one’ (and even three-in-one, if TagItSmart added, but without NFC = SmartPaper tags: to fight IoT vulnerability),
- and for the price e.g. 0,4 EUR instead of e.g. 1,9 EUR for an ‘Elisa's’ over-charged paper bill
- Elisa’s fees for paper bills violate the EU Directive and human right to choice of information:
"Paper invoices and electronic invoices should be treated equally and the administrative burden on paper invoicing should not increase".
- Posti price is 0,5…1,1 EUR for corporate customer.
How to establish such PPP / Public-Private partnership
- if you consider PPP communication channel relevant vs a.m. ‘state’ channels
- in Germany at least 4 competing channels co-exist;
- Russia, China, Tadzhikistan are building a 'single channel' for citizen (like Finland, if no competition to ‘state’ channel of access to/from administrative services)
- Nordea announced a ‘mobile’ authentication instead of less DDoS vulnerable (imho) ‘pankkitunnus kortti’ / paper authentication factor.
Now we have agreed about trials with two (starting new business of paper letters delivery) competitors of Posti,
- and we research an option to deliver dual docs independently from these (costly) partners – via PPP.
(c) SMART PAPER, 2016